Thursday, August 7, 2008

You Too Must Weep

Let me not live a life that's free
From "The Things" that draw me close to Thee
For how can I ever hope to heal
The wounds of others
I do not feel...
If my eyes are dry and I never weep,
How do I know when the hurt is deep.
If my heart is cold
and it never bleeds,
How can I tell what my sister needs...
For when ears are deaf
to the beggar's plea
And we close our eyes and refuse to see,
And we steel our hearts
and harden our minds,
And we count it weakness
whenever we're kind.
We are no loner following the Father's Way
Or seeking His guidance
from day to day...
For, without 'crosses to carry'
and 'burdens to bear'
We dance through a life
that is frothy and fair,
And 'chasing the rainbow' we have no desire
For 'roads that are rough'
and 'realms that are higher'
So spare me no heartache
or sorrow, dear Lord.
For the heart that is hurt
reaps the richest reward,
And God enters the heart
that is broken with sorrow
As He opens the door
to a Brighter Tomorrow.
For only through tears can we recognize
The suffering that lies
in another's eyes.

No comments: