Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Complaints

Winter’s sky alas doth oft reach down.
Clouds roll in which causeth us to frown.
Gird your loins, and guard your minds.
Satan works harder when depression he finds.
If your mind is craving some Summer sun,
His interest in your thought life hath just begun.
He offers complaints on a golden platter.
You pass them on and it starts to really matter!
At the end of yet another long and  dreary day,
You finally need to sit down and start to pray.
What doth surround us the question of “Why”?
Satan feeds your mind, being so subtle and sly.

The more you look around the more it seems grim.
Soon enough you begin to grumble and that is a sin.
You are now aware bitterness and strife is part of you.
Friends avoid you now because they know it is true.
Complaints that began with weather suddenly grow.
You start to look around you, judging people you know.
Complaints about inclement weather caused you to sin.
Discontent is now rampant, see the state we are in!
But, stop and consider, where did it all begin?
If your attitude starts to change because of “no sun”
Take your eyes off the world and praise God’s Son.



Psalm 42:45 - 6   “Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again --my Saviour and my God.”

No comments: