Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Lord, You are Amazing!

You, Oh Lord, were able to calm the sea of Galilee, 
Surely if I ask, You if you will calm the storm in me!
You urged me to come to You if I was weary or lost, 
So I come to You now Lord, without counting the cost.
For to serve You, Lord, requires surrender of myself.
My way needs to step aside and be put on the shelf.
I promised to serve You Lord, for all of my days.
But self just keeps fighting Thee in so many ways.

You, Oh Lord, are forgiving and Your wisdom is true.
Your unfailing love tells me You know best what to do.
You see my needs before I ask, and You meet them.
You say “No” or “Wait a While”; I needs must say “Amen”.
You see ahead, and if I want You to lead, I need to follow.
Submitting to Your will in my life I have a better tomorrow.
Jesus, if  I knew what I know now about Your loving grace, 
I would rest, and dwell on Your word, look upon Your face.

Lord, You are amazing! Your word is all that I need.
It is still sufficient for today, and that I readily concede.
When ‘ere I open up Your word it brings me consolation.
I want others to know of Thee, tell to every single nation.
And when at last my time on earth is drawing to its close, 
I’ll still tell others You are the way, “Jesus always knows”.
I will readily sing Your praises to whomever will listen, 
Jesus You broke the power over death, for You have risen!


Ephesians 6:24 ~ “Grace be with them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity.”
John 14:21 ~ “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.”
Zephaniah 3:17 ~ ‘’The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.”
Proverbs 1;23 ~ “Behold I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.”

Psalm 73:26 ~ “My strength and my heart faileth; but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

No comments: