Thursday, October 8, 2015

Living for Another Day

Are you also a culprit of looking and living for tomorrow?
Not living life day by day, always looking what is to follow?
Does the minutiae of life cause you to create “Things to Do?”
Is the future and not living in the present always eating at you?

I admit my guilt in not living my life just for this single day.
I need to stop, and replace future plans, thanking You for today.
“Lord, You promised me a future in heaven”, I need to relax.
When I get anxious I start to read your word it has every fact.

“Be anxious for nothing”, Your word tells me just exactly so.
You also wrote, “Tomorrow will take care of itself”, I know.
So why don’t I just place tomorrow’s work, put it on a shelf;
Start to leave my lists; You said tomorrow will care for itself.

I know Satan is enjoying my frustration, but I will make him pay!
I want to learn to live my life just from day to day, Your way.

“Is my requirement to perform, the desire to always succeed?
The carnal woman still working within,, still  desiring to accede?
“Use me today Lord, set my priorities so they align with Your word.
Happier I will be if I apply all the lessons that I have always heard.

There will always be so much work to do, most of it not for You.
Lord, could You teach me Your way so that I can remain true.
I’m older now, but am I wiser, daily surrendering my every need?
I want to put Your word first and I pray Your Spirit will intercede.
                        
My schedule each day needs to be attuned to Your Spirit’s call.
Not to the housework, or cooking, or so-called worthy lists to recall.
When the load of work gets too heavy, or it is overwhelming me
I think it is because the goals I set cloud the way I need to be.

It is all daily, wifely bores and chores that seem to burden me so.
The birds build their nests in the spring and work hard that I know.
You care for us more, and You provide each and every need.
Obviously birds do not write lists so I need You to plant the seed.
Amen
                                        
Psalm 46:~1 & 2: God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea.”
I Peter: ~ 5:7 : Casting all your care upon Him for He careth for You.”
Psalm: ~ 40:4 : “Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust.”
Psalm 32:7: ~ : “Thou are my hiding place; Thou shalt preserve me from trouble; Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance.”
Matthew 6:34: ~ :”Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Matthew 6:26, 27 & 28 “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.

No comments: