Old Man Thinking
Father, You look inside my heart, and what do You see?
A crippled version of what everyone else sees in me?
There are two sides to all of us, the one we want to be,
The one displayed to everyone, but You know the real me,
Insecurities, fretting, and envy, the one I want to hide.
I confess them to You, but I desire Your Spirit to reside
In my heart and deliver me from all these imperfections.
Satan haunts the Christ-like me, with carnal predilections.
Seeing Things God's Way
What amazes me, is that you see me as perfect in Christ,
Free from sin, for Jesus shed his blood and paid the price.
I so desire to be Your disciple, to follow in Your way!
It is needful for me to know Your word in all I do and say.
If only I could be an empty shell and You could fill me up
With Your loving Spirit of kindness, just like a waiting cup.
Then I could pouf out to others and know it was not me.,
But my loving Father who redeemed me and set me free.
God's Work In Me
Your love comes with no conditions and no recrimination.
My heart overflows with love, You do not discriminate.
Your acceptance of the real me, not the me that others see.
The one with scars and flaws, but the one You accept as me!
Grace is so amazing, the “ unmerited” favour You give.
Such an all-encompassing word; it encourages me to live
Ever close to Your living Word, truly you are my all in all!
You give me grace, and I know I am forgiven even when I fall.
THANK YOU LORD!
- I John 5:4 - 5 ~ For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world .... our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
- Philippians 1:6 ~ Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
- 2 Peter 1:10 ~ Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble.
- Romans 8:6 - 8 ~ For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace., Because the carnal mind is enmity against God, for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
- Psalm 37: 23 - 24 ~ The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way,. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholds him with His hand.
- Psalm 32:8 ~ I will instruct you and teach you in the ay you should go: I will guide you with My eye.