Do you fill your devotional time with your wants and needs?
Or do you quieten your mind and allow God to intercede?
God’s Spirit wants two-way conversation where you listen.
His desire to commune with you will not be pushy or bold.
He has things to tell you, not always in His word, but for now.
In order to hear God one has to know His voice and be familiar.
Christ left the Spirit with us to lead us and guide us in all things.
Sometimes an inner voice, certainly not yours, speaks to you..
Often a verse of scripture comes to mind, one you did not just read.
The strongest desire to go to prayer for someone comes to mind..
To go and ease a brother’s heartache, send a card, show you care.
If you are not obedient to this voice suddenly you find it is not there.
God knows people who need of your care, being obedient your task.
Christians are not an Island unto themselves, but a body of believers.
Important to remember that the voice will always align with scripture.
Satan and his angels often come by to try to destroy your service.
Always check your thoughts, urges, or intercessions with scripture.
Satan is powerless when we claim the blood of Christ and the cross.
“SPEAK LORD FOR THY SERVANT HEARETH”
- Jude 4:20 ~ “But you dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit.”
- I John 3:24 ~ “Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We now it by the Spirit he gave us.”
- I John 4:1 - 7 ~ :”Dear friends, do not believe very spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God. Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus has come in the flesh is from God, but ever spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and even now is already in the world.”
- ! John 4: 13 ~ “ We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Saviour of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, and so we know and rely on the love God has for us.``
- I Thessalonians 5: 19 ~ “Do not put out the Spirit`s fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.”
- Timothy 1:7 ~ “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.”.
- John 10:27 ~ “My sheep listen to my voice. I know them and they follow me.”