Friendship has so much meaning,
A friend you have can be for life.
A person whom you share laughter,
Who is there when you’re in strife.
A friend is of your own choosing,
To which you form a strong bond,
Knowing that they are so special,
That very one whom you’re so fond.
A person that you can relate to,
And you never feel ill are ease.
A person who will always listen,
Then give you a gentle squeeze.
Sometimes no words are spoken,
Just a look says how one cares,
No words of wisdom needed,
Just your presence of being there,
Jesus wants to be that friend to you.
One you can bring your troubles to.
He is a friend that you can turn to
At any time, whether day or night.
Ah yes, having a friend is special,
For how lonely your life would be,
So I say a heartfelt “Thank You”,
My friend you are so dear to me.
- Proverbs 17:17a ~ A friend loves at all times.
- Proverbs 18:24 ~ A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
- Proverbs 16:28 ~ A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends.
- John 15:13 ~ Greater love hath no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
- John 15:14 ~ You are my friends if you do what I command you.