Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Closet

Father, why the closet, why the closing of the door?
I have questioned this and pondered why before.
Quietness, darkness or private communing with you?
What were you saying when advising me what to do?

Was it to help me remove the shackles that bind my mind,
So that in a cloister I could be quiet and more easily find?

In dark seclusion time set aside in reflection of you.
I walked into a small dark room intent on finding out
What your word meant, what the closet is all about.
Sitting there in utter darkness with nothing else to do.

Your Spirit in there with me revealing my sins to me,
And I unburdened my heart and feel release so free.
Something happened in that closet in closing that door.
Time just stood still and my fretting was no more.

Sitting was something I should have done long ago.
The act of subservience that you taught me, I know.
Tears of repentance for all that you have done for me;
For you are the great deliverer that set this sinner free.

Just waiting in your presence with a longing deep inside.
Was a beautiful experience that I never want to hide.
This is our quiet time, for you always hear my cry.
Raising my hands in worship I breath a cleansing sigh.

I now walk out that door feeling refreshed and clean,
Knowing that by others my pilgrimage was unseen.

No comments: