Monday, January 30, 2012

Gray on White ~ White on Gray

A gray Winter’s day, clouds scudder, ones most nigh.
Longings for warm sun, rain hitteth my cold thigh!
Whence comes the wind, scuttering leaves we rake?
Spring seemeth far; this day I canst no longer take!
A voice speaketh not afar; t’is of me yet not from me.
Quietly t’is the peace of God, that sets my heart free.

Today sun so bright, skies are blue; I shade my eyes.
And yes, I stop, and whence cometh ‘The Why’s”?
Oh what changes hath an attitude clearly wrought?
One whose heart and mind are willing to be taught?
For truly, out of man’s heart and mind one reads
The child of God who willingly, Christ intercedes.

Psalm 90:14: NIV “Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love that we may sing for joy.”

Philippians 4:12 NIV : “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is t have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”

No comments: