Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Removing Boulders

During my life I have struggled in vain,
Trying to remove obstacles, but it was plain
Removing boulders was too difficult for me.
Perfection in my daily walk, don’t you see?
It was never God’s intention do it alone.
In fact difficulties multiplied like seeds sown.
I know He had constantly assured the “ME”
Some of the boulders He could readily see
Were not even intended or helpful in my life,
They were causing me such needless strife.
I  tried in vain rocky mountains to climb.
Feeling such problems were obviously mine.
I wept at my inadequacy, as others pressed on.
Searching for answers, I sought God’s Son
If only I had swift wings, I silently prayed
I could soar over difficulties undismayed.
“But you have feet”, God’s answer came.
“If you want to scale mountains to proclaim
My promises that I sent you in Jesus’ name.

Some ledges are really not meant to climb.
Boulders are hard, they are unable to bring
People good news of My love in everything,
I placed My Spirit as a guide to go before you,
Be prepared, pray before everything you do.
Rocky promontories are there further ahead.
Look up and pray, scale the heights,” He said
Those obstacles that I struggled to overcome
Became less of a burden in light of God’s Son.
The ones I had tried to shove out of my way
Were stones to climb upon, I heard Him say.
Not to cause me to stumble but to set me free.
Worries and troubles that so easily entangle me
While, You, Lord, intended them to help my walk,
By Your Spirit given grace to reach out and talk.
Boulders are burdens that should be given to You,
Boulders are worries, I should give to You too!
                                                                                           
2 Corinthians 10:4 & 5 ~ “The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ,”
James 3:2 ~ “We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.”

No comments: