Let us give thanks unto our God, let us praise His name.
For His provisions are many, His leading we will acclaim.
We live in a land of plenty while others around this world
Are scarred, bereft of home, where mortar shells are hurled.
Are cold and hungry, bereft and wanting basic life needs.
We bow our heads in thankfulness acknowledging our greed's.
Great abundance we have, enough to open our hands and share
With those who live in hunger, Lord, cause us to deeply care.
Food on our plates, clothing on our backs, a land that is free.
We praise Thee Oh God for what Thou has bestowed we see.
We ask You to open our eyes to those around who are in need.
To live our lives with open hearts and minds and to accede
To Thy divine plan, to give of our abundance to those in need.
- Colossians 3:15 ~ And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
- Psalm 72:12, 13 ~ For He shall deliver the needy when he crieth: the poor also, and him that hath no helper. He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall saves the souls of the needy.
- Psalm 102:17 ~ He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.
- PROVERBS 15:6 ~ In the house of the righteous is much treasure: but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.
- Proverbs 22:4 ~ By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour and life.
- TO HIM THAT HATH MUCH, MUCH SHALL BE ASKED. WE ARE NOT TO FORGET THE TROUBLES OF THE AFFLICTED AND THE POOR. GOD WILL CALL US INTO ACCOUNT FOR THE HUNGRY OF THE LANDS. SELAH