But so often people approach anything new with such fear.
We who know Christ know His Spirit walks with us each day
Whatever path we walk, we must first we take time to pray.
We may never know of the joys and pains that could lie ahead,
But we do know we have a guide whose Spirit leads us instead.
The future is not horoscope or crystal balls to confound us all.
We who know Christ know He will pick us up when we fall,.
We do not need to make New Year’s Resolutions that will fail.
Christ does not expect perfection, He forgives, no rules to entail.
We can open the door to a New Year without any fear or dread.
Christ died as a sacrifice for one and all to redeem us instead.
Looking ahead to a brand New Year gives us such choices.
We can live each day to serve Him with our hearts and voices.
Witnessing becomes easier as we begin to look for new clues.
Look for the hurting, listen to what they say, share the good news.
Is anyone sick, anyone hurting, you may learn to depend on Him.
You don’t have to pray aloud, you can listen and always begin
Listening to His Spirit before you visit, avoiding the traps of sin.
Another New Year, yes, but look upon it as a brand new start..
God’s Spirit was left with us to guide and teach, us and set us apart,
For we are not our own having been paid for with a mighty price.
Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord His trust in this New Year.
We walk with confidence; He is Lord, and we do not succumb to fear.
- Psalm 32:8 ~ I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
- Isaiah 2:3 ~ ... and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths.
- Proverbs 3:5 & 6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Psalm 119:105 ~ Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- Psalm 46:1 ~ God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.